Thursday, August 23, 2012

Mount Rushmore

I wanted so badly to get some great photos of Mount Rushmore during our visit.  The sky was clear and brilliant blue, the wind was calm, and I was ready to shoot.  As I began snapping away, I noticed some small specks atop Theodore Roosevelt's head.



Hmm, what's going on up there?  Let's zoom in and see:










Despite asking around, we were never able to determine what was really happening up there. I didn't get the clear shots I desired that day, but now it's fun to see the scale of the monument in relation to the tiny people on top of it.

Do you have any ideas about what these folks were doing on top of Mount Rushmore?  Please share in the comments! 

This post is part of Travel Photo Thursday at Budget Traveler's Sandbox.  Please visit them for a wonderful glimpse into others' travels!