Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Window to the World

Several weeks ago I read blogger and traveler Cathy Sweeney's post, From the Inside Looking Out, which included photos taken during her travels from the windows of places she's stayed. Cathy notes that she was inspired by Vera Marie Bardertscher's post, A Room With a View, with the same theme.

What a wonderful idea!  I immediately began thinking of the many views I've enjoyed throughout my travels and perused my photos in order to write a post inspired by Vera and Cathy.  For sanity's sake, I limited myself to photos from the last three years.  In no particular order, here are some of my favorites:


From my balcony at Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay in Mazatlan, Mexico





A view of downtown Singapore and the Esplanade from my hotel window at The Marina Mandarin




A gorgeous California sunset from the Best Western Plus Cavalier Oceanfront Resort in San Simeon




Looking out over a coffee plantation at a homestay in Coorg, India



From my balcony at the homestay in Coorg, India.  Coffee plants, orange trees, pepper vines, and more. 




From the Point Montara Lighthouse Hostel, California

Do you take photos from your windows while traveling?  What is your favorite view?

For many excellent travel photos and stories, please check out Travel Photo Thursday at Budget Traveler's Sandbox and Friday Daydreamin' at R We There Yet Mom!