Friday, March 23, 2012

A View From My Tent in Moab, Utah

After posting recently about Moab, Utah, I started thinking about all the camping trips I used to take there when I was in college.  I began digging through my old photo albums (this was pre-digital camera) and discovered this:


I snapped this photo from the doorway of my tent.  I can still remember how lucky I felt when we discovered this camping site along the Colorado River (on Hightway 128, AKA the Upper Colorado River Scenic Byway).  Seeing this view every morning was the perfect way to start a day of outdoor adventures in Moab!

For more information about camping along the Colorado River, please visit here.

To see many wonderful travel photos and stories, please visit Delicious Baby's Photo Friday and R We There Yet Mom's Friday Daydreamin'.

12 comments:

  1. WOW! What a view you had! That is incredible! Thanks for linking up!

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becca! And as always, thanks for the linkup opportunity :-)

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous view to wake up to! Funnily enough it reminds me of Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa--How interesting...what part of Australia? Thanks for your comment :-)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful shot! I'm not much of a camper, however, I could get talked into it for a view like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! The view was a great payoff for sleeping on the ground :-)

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty view! We will have to go there with my family some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica. Moab is a great place for families, camping or otherwise :-)

      Delete
  5. Nice! That's definitely the view you want to have first thing in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica--Absolutely! I wish I could have that view EVERY morning :-) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  6. You guys are adventurous!! What a great view out of the tent :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kiran! It's been a few years since we were the camping kind of adventurous :-) but we hope to get back into it soon.

      Delete

I welcome your comments! Comment Policy: All comments on this blog are the opinion and responsibility of the commenter. By submitting a comment on this blog, you agree that all comment content is your own.