But the one airport that has captured my heart over and over is Singapore's Changi Airport (SIN), and so I am officially dubbing it My Favorite Airport!
|The beautiful Orchid Garden, one of Changi's many gardens|
After 20+ hours of travel, the first priorities on my list when the plane touches down in Singapore are a SHOWER and a NAP, and Changi doesn't disappoint with options for both. Scattered throughout the airport are free "nap areas," with very comfortable leather lounge chairs on which to stretch out and sleep. Some of them even have a massage feature!
|Relaxing in the Rainforest Lounge|
On our next visit, we may forgo the lounge in favor of using Changi's rooftop pool. For around $10US, you can use the pool (or snooze in a poolside lounge chair), sip an included drink, and grab a shower.
|Garden and Koi Pond|
Here are a few other things that I love about Changi airport (notice how frequently the word free appears!):
- Free, fast wifi. If you haven't taken your laptop along, they also have free internet kiosks you can use.
- Beautiful indoor gardens, including a butterfly garden, orchid garden and koi pond, sunflower and light garden, and more.
- If you have a layover that is more than 5 hours long, you can sign up for a free 2 hour tour of the city. I would definitely recommend this one! Tour is subject to visa requirements, but no visa is needed for citizens of the US and many other countries.
- Awesome entertainment, including a free movie theater, free Entertainment Deck with Xbox and Playstation games, and live music.
- Relax with a free foot massage at stations throughout the airport.
- Fantastic shopping and dining opportunities all over the airport.
- Customs and immigration are a breeze. I don't think I've ever waited in line more than five minutes, and the folks are some of the most polite and pleasant I've encountered (just like in the rest of Singapore).
There are so many fantastic things about this airport that I can't begin to cover them all here, but Changi's website has all the information you'll need to plan your layover.
So now I'm curious...what is YOUR favorite airport, and what do you love about it?
This post is part of Travel Photo Thursday at Budget Traveler's Sandbox. Please visit them for more great travel photos and posts!
As always, I do not post sponsored links or accept paid insertions. All places are mentioned here because I have personally experienced and enjoyed them.